Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Epstein-Barr Virus Infection (Week 1)

Yo.
Wanna hear pre-halloween story?
The story began when I was working like usual until there was something odd to feel.
Let's just to the point...

Warning:
This is going to be disgusting enough, may not be safe for your-before-lunch lol. This is absolutely not FX make up practice.

Darken lips, check.

8/14/2015
I name this August as Medical Month. There ain't no flu and cough, but it is indeed a tough period. My right leg got hit by a stupid motorcycler on the way back home with my boyfriend and it's swollen darkish blue. Two weeks before, there were bruises on random spots that also caused by my anemia and I had to give heparin sodium therapy. Aaaand today the doctor declared Epstein-Barr / EBV attacked my immune system.This is the second time with the same common virus. I'm feeling my lips bigger like Bratz's. About red rashes on face, I know it's not common pimples. My body muscles go all in pain even though I don't make any move (touch my skin and it fucking HURTS) and it is quite CONTAGIOUS that makes me think many times to not to go working. Fuck the job - even one move can definitely ruin my sleep. Antivirus is my best friend now.

You'll find out what's inside the cover. Keep scrolling!

Writing with all muscles in pain,


Katarina Yuri.


8/17/2015
It was supposed to be a normal Independence Day but there was a sudden massive gang fight throwing firecrackers in my living district. An excellent idea to burn the town, idiots. Mom was almost stuck between the fight when she was buying medical needs for me. Everything didn't look fine and anyway I had to be given award: The Beast of the Day. Ha! I scared a group of foolish children. I came out from the quarantine zone only for toiletry needs and once morning sunbathe to kill any rash bacteria and that was the time when they were playing, so I could feel their curious eyes watching with little mumbling mouths to their parents. The two lines of Lazy Song lyric by Bruno Mars show what I only can do for days, but this viral infection gives me the feeling of drastic fatigue. Anyway, there is something wrong with the medical treatment.

This is the "wrong" thing. It is called Angioedema.

8/18/2015
While the deads are zombie-fied, it is funny that this disease is like making friends with the antivirus I drank lol - you name it, allergy-fied, which causes Urticaria (click here for Bahasa Indonesia). I can't go working unless I'll be an epic epidemic at office. I was forced to sleep without moving due to painful muscles. I hold as much as I can to not to scratch the itches like a lousy cat. Mom and uncle laughed at my lips because it had been adopted first by Naughty store mascot, or nearly like a failed silicon injection. I hardly eat for getting severe ulcers on the whole mouth and sore throat. I can't even smile because my lips are extremely dry and full of curse. In other words, I'm trying so hard to speak with this infectious Bratz lips, but my dad called me by phone to see if I'm okay. Genius. I just answered "ennghhh" to let him know I was there and declined the call then I saw him at the front door bringing medicines. Err... =_=" All of this created emotional pressure that made got menstruation two times in a month, and the doctor said, "Yes, that comes from your mind." Big thanks to EBV.
  
Itchy urticaria - Wait, you haven't seen the worst part.

What you are seeing now: The ugliest mutated beast ever.

8/19/2015
It's been five days of infection plus allergy. It was a big decision to cancel a formal invitation from the college English club, unless I'll be the mother virus during the event. No rashes on face anymore, so I look fresh at a glance until you see my whole red spots on body lol. I still suffer from fatigueness but I'm doing nothing. My lips are still extremely chapped with white ulcers which took about less than 45 mins to eat a normal portion of chicken porridge this morning. Becoming worse, my boyfriend accompanied me to see the doctor last evening and he gave me two kinds of anti-allergy to minimize the side effect from antivirus. I lately realized my swollen leg was healed, still get used to walk normally. Now there left some little bruises I can take care of, but the former swollen area and the scar I got from the previous accident is now a viral field of itchy urticaria. Haha. Who wants to scratch? It's free. >:D

I'm trying so hard not to scratch any single spot. *biting fingers*

8/20/2015
Has anyone been following this crap? Sorry if it is such a disturbance, but I know many of you (will) never notice these posts. I'm not gonna stop writing since just in case I need it for medical report and suggestion.

All this time, the medical treatment shows a little progress. Bratz lips no more, mouth ulcers grew more. From the edge to the other edge of my lips, upper and lower in inner part, some white dots on the gums and tongue, and inner side of right cheek. I know, YIKES. But it is a bit better that today I could eat a bowl of oatmeal mixed with dice cuts of fermented soybean aka tempe for 35 mins. The dryness starts being hydrated by snacking papayas (Jesus I hate its aroma but I have no choice). Albothyl and Borax Glycerin really help to calm the sores, although I have to scream during the medication. Do not imagine.

In case you may be wondering how I eat my food.
The bad thing is I'm still suffering from urticaria as long as I consume the antivirus, even though the doctor had given me good anti-allergies, because it don't work optimally. They minimize the side effect every time I take the antivirus, and they cure the previous allergy in the meantime, which already spreads too wide. I got many large random areas of skin rashes on my back, my waist, my upper chest, and my upper hands. There are also red spots on tights too like mosquito bites but wider. I don't wanna see how my ass doin lol but it's not itchy. I'm glad the virus don't attack the genital area. You maybe wonder how I control the desire not to scratch'em. The anti-allergies have sleepy effect on me, but you know, we never know what we do when we're sleeping. I never know how long my hands are scratching unconciously until I awake. Moreover, sweats can trigger the itchiness worse, and this is dry season. Welcome to incredible summer curse.

The current risk is I have been doing research during this medical phase: every antivirus has the same side effect. If I take another antivirus and it fails, the curse will appear more. If I keep drinking the same antivirus, there will be no bigger progress. I would probably die of too much scratching lol. It needs a careful decision. It may be fatal but we never know until we try. The doctor kindly helped me finding an alternative. That's why I decided to spend the current antivirus first, then change it immediately.

No one expects some little red dots can turn into like burnt skin. It never burns anyway, just fucking itchy.

8/21/2015
Wow, seven days of not having shower and lying on bed all the time with tired feeling. Being clean is great, yet in this case touching water means multiplying the bad bacteria. Water is the most effective media of disease widespread after the air you are breathing with, so watch out for your hygiene. The doctor said I should have been totally recovered today, if that was without allergy. -.-" I'm taking the new antivirus also with anti-allergies for prevention. Its dosage is higher, also more pricey, but it is made for overcoming EBV. It is good to see my ulcers turn into smaller dots which means soft foods are still needed. I have scream so much while medicating and it paid the price lols. I ate a portion of plain oatmeal with white tofu cuts faster for approximately 20 mins today and started chewing french fries slowly. Yes, fries. I didn't have any idea why dad bought me fries lol and thank god I can chew that because I'm bored to death with tasteless meals. Mom stared. X'D

An "island" created on my each underarm.

There is another little progress which shows that the redness of urticaria is fading gradually on one or two areas of body. It may take so looooong until the whole redness disappears. Its rate of itchiness may decrease a bit, as long as I avoid myself being sweaty so I'm using two fans in my room. It is more likely to make the temperature less of heat. Medicated skin powder and Acyclovir cream are supposed to give a better help. It may be a good sign and I hope the medic works faster. I'm worried of how long I should stay quarantined. I've abandoned my career. I've left my work. I've been a burden of my parents and my boyfriend. My brother doesn't care. Cats? I don't own any of them. :( I am alone. Deflated.

To be continued...

6 comments:

  1. I read your update, you were still miserable three weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never expected to be a human with horrible face and I'm trying to forget that time =_= anyway thank you for reading the update :D

      Delete
  2. So how are you now???? Is there any progress 😦

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very fine, Gramps! The progress went good like it was supposed to be. Thanks for asking :D

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It goes normal and I can go back into normal activities: work and school and music XD

      Delete

I really appreciate comments and questions. Thank you so much :-)