Monday, April 21, 2014

Poem Post #1 : Sabbatum Sanctum

My first poetry this year I made while in Easter season. There's no particular reason behind this writing, I just write whatever comes to mind. Don't worry, no warning for a long post :3


SABBATUM SANCTUM
(c) 2014 Katarina Yuri

Source: Google



The Lent is over, finally
Easter is coming, immediately
Passion of the Christ, we commemorate
His Resurrection, we prepare
With Thy blood have paid
for the debt of our sins
Thou laid in the tomb
Who were born from holy womb
Thy body was covered with fine linen
As long as it, "Gloria" was absent
Thou rose from the dead
The life of dead
Moriens in pretium, gloriam,
Gloria ei qui redemit passio,
amaritudinem morituris tale dolore
Qui cum Patre, O Deus,
et sancto spiritu, in aeternum
Through Thy death I live
Redemption, I don't deserve to receive
The most sacred sufferings
Black Saturday, we're all mourning
Holy Sabbath, we're all dying
Lost and bleeding


NB: You are allowed to copy this poem after my permission and don't forget to give credit to my blog.

2 comments:

  1. Nice Post. are they some words in Latin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yup, they are written in Latin. It is an interesting language to learn.

      Delete

I really appreciate comments and questions. Thank you so much :-)